Do You have Sciatica? (& How to Fix it!)
Sciatica is pain that travels from the low back or buttock area down the back of the leg
What are the symptoms?
• Pain in the leg or rear that is worse when sitting
• Burning or tingling running down the leg
• Weakness, numbness, or difficulty moving the leg or foot
• A constant pain on one side of the rear
• A shooting pain that makes it difficult to stand up
Sciatica usually affects only one side of the lower body. Often times, pain travels from the lower back all the way through the back of the thigh and down through the leg.The pain may also reach the foot or toes. For some people, the pain can be severe. For others, the pain might be infrequent and irritating, but it can get worse.
What triggers sciatica? Sciatica is caused by irritation of the root(s) of the lower lumbar and lumbosacral spine.
Other common causes:
• Spinal stenosis, narrowing of the spinal canal in the lower back.
• Degenerative disc disease affecting the discs that cushion the vertebrae.
• Spondylolisthesis, when one vertebra slips forward over another one.
• Pregnancy, which can add a severe strain on the spine.
Additional irritants: excess weight, not exercising on a regular basis, high heels, or sleeping on a mattress that is too soft.
Sciatic nerve compression may result in the loss of feeling, paralysis of a single limb or group of muscles, and insomnia.
Diagnosis of Sciatica Is Critical. A Chiropractor examines the patient and reviews medical history to determine what is causing the patient's sciatica pain. Chiropractic treatment is based on the principle that restricted spinal movement leads to pain and reduced function. Chiropractic care helps the body heal itself with non-invasive (non-surgical), drug-free treatment.
Your Chiropractor's approach to sciatica is to locate & adjust any malfunctioning joint/s, to restore normal spinal movement to your spine. Once that occurs, and the sciatic nerve is no longer compressed, pain relief should follow.
Sciatica is a pain in the backside, in the most literal sense. However, professional chiropractic care may, allow you to find relief.
NEW PATIENT SPECIAL!
$50 Initial Visit*
Includes consultation, exam & adjustment
*Offer valued at $60.